Friday, January 8, 2010

New Recipes

I'm finally getting the hang of low protein cooking and was able to alter two recipes so Kaden could eat them. Not only did the recipes turn out, they were delicious!!

I have a really good banana bread recipe that I make for the family. The last time I make it, I felt horrible as we all devoured our delicious slice of banana bread and Kaden sat in his high chair eating dry cereal. So, the next day I began changing my banana bread recipe to low protein. I changed two ingredients, flour and eggs, and it was low protein! It was so delicious, no one else in the family knew it was low protein and Kaden was licking the crumbs off his highchair tray, literally!! :)

I also did this with eggplant parmesan. I was frying eggplant for my dad's birthday spaghetti dinner and wanted to make some for Kaden. So I changed out the eggs and bread crumbs for coffee creamer and wheat flour. The coating didn't brown because of the wheat starch but it did get crispy and was really good!! I covered the eggplant with spaghetti sauce anyway so the browning didn't matter, his plate of food was just like ours and that all I'm wanting. EVERYONE had a great family dinner for my Dad's birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment