Sunday, September 13, 2009

Overwhelmed with meal time....

Meal time for Kaden has turned into frustration fits. Most meals this week are ending with bowls still fill, Kaden still hungry, and one of us crying since we can't figure out what the other wants. I think he is getting tired of baby food, but he isn't wanting to eat the fresh, steamed veggies or fresh fruits yet. I remember my first son doing this too, but it was much easier to deal with. I could just keep giving him stuff until I found something he wanted. Well, with Kaden its a little different. Most foods have to be cooked, and weighed before eating and if its something new I need to look up MET count to see if is OK to eat and what portion he can have. By the time I have done this, he is crying and mad, and just won't eat! Of course he will always eat Gerber little crunchies "Cheetos" but I don't want him living off chips even if they are whole grain. He is definitely getting tired of the low protein "cheerios" and freeze dried apples. They are so low in MET I don't even count them so I give them to him for snack a lot! So, I placed an order for some more metabolic foods. I ordered a cheese powder and chicken powder that I'm planning on adding to rice, pasta, and veggies for some extra flavor. I can also make mac and cheese with the cheese powder!! Very excited about that!! I also am going to attempt my first loaf of bread from the book, Apples to Zucchini. I'll let you know how it turns out.....very nervous....

No comments:

Post a Comment