Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner-low protein style

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and with 7 days remaining until t-day I'm starting to think, "what is K going to eat?" I want him to feel like he is a part of every holiday and that he isn't getting a plate of some random-ness while everyone else is eating something entirely different.
Our Menu is..

  • Turkey (none for K)
  • Roasted potatoes
  • Sweet potato casserole (none for K)
  • Pan seared green beans
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Rolls (none for K)
  • Pumpkin pie (none for K)

So, I think if I make him some bread and a dessert he should be able to have a nice thanksgiving meal just like the other family members. I have a great bread recipe from my Apples to Zuchinni cook book so that is taken care of. I also have a "ginger bread" recipe that would be perfect for a holiday dessert so I'll give that a try. If they turn out good, I'll have Christmas dessert already figured out! :) I'll let you know how the meal turns out and if I get a thumbs up from my baby K.

No comments:

Post a Comment