Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome!!

I'm starting this blog to help me and other mom's with children who have HCU (homocystinuria). My son Kaden got diagnosed after two abnormal newborn screening tests at 8 weeks old. After a few months full of fear and hopelessness I can now say I KNOW my son will be fine. I have jumped into this feet first and am doing everything I can to track his diet and follow his treatment plan. Since he is just now getting bored with baby food (he will be 10 months in 4 days) the real fun of being a crafty cook is going to begin! I'm fortune to be a stay at home mom so I can devote a lot of time to researching foods methionine/protein values and work on my cooking skills. I have found a few moms online who have helped me tremendously with low protein recipes. Unfortunately, most of there kids are older or they are overseas so I can't get the same ingredients or cook those recipes for Kaden, just yet. So far Kaden is a good eater but he is only 10 months old so certain textures he is just not ready for even with 7 teeth. So, with that said, this is Kaden's journey with HCU!

















No comments:

Post a Comment