Friday, September 3, 2010

A Great View

Looks so good, huh? I just realized how wonderful my fridge looks today after shopping for Kaden at the farmer's market. The best part is that all the fresh fruits and veggies will be gone in about 5 days (I also have 6 containers of strawberries and a bunch of bananas on my counter). Kaden's diet has all of us eating healthier and these pictures are the proof. I didn't realize how far our eating habits have come until today. When Basil and I first go married, we ate junk all the time. Easy frozen meals and canned veggies were the norm for dinner. I love cooking, but back then, I could barely make anything that was super delicious AND healthy. Now, we eat a freshly prepared veggie every night with dinner and snack on raw veggies and fruits through out the day. Heart attacks at a young age run in both our families so healthy eating is a must for both of us. One huge blessing of Kaden's disorder, better eating habits for ALL of us. We need be around for a long time to see all the amazing things Kaden and Mason are going to do with their lives :)

I made low protein graham crackers last week and they are DELICIOUS!! I catch Basil and Mason snacking on them because they are just that good. Have you ever made crackers? Do you know how crackers are made? Holy cow, they are hard!!! I had to make two batches because the first batch didn't roll out properly, and had to be thrown out. There was some crying, then cursing, and in the end, wonderful, crispy, cinnamon-y crackers. I even did the little holes down the crackers so they will look like regular crackers. Cute huh?!
Bridgett

No comments:

Post a Comment